Thursday, December 23, 2010

this morning i...

This morning, I woke up and decided that i would start a blog. Tomorrow morning, I will wake up and decide to do something else. One morning a couple of years ago, I decided that I would be going to Graz, Austria, and one morning a year later, I did exactly that. That's how my life works, I get ideas, and then I do them. Just like one morning, I decided that I would run for Miss Oakwood, one morning I decided I would enter an oratorical contest, one morning I decided that I would be going to graduate school, one morning I decided that I would learn how to play the piano, one morning...

And so each and every morning is an invitation given by me to do something. It could be something insignificant, something life changing, I don't know. I just got to thinking that maybe this morning, I could do something for someone else. Maybe I could call someone and pray with them. This morning, I could hold my tongue when I see that it'd be in someone else's best interest. This morning, I could decide to see the needs in others. This morning, I decide to be a better me. To live a  life that is a blessing to others. Not necessarily striving to be perfect but simply to be better. Now if that's not as sweet as a juicy red strawberry, early in the morning, I don't know what is :-)

3 comments:

  1. It's amazing how life can progress when we live each day with purpose, having God at the forefront of it all. Welcome to the blogging world chica. Can't wait to read more! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks girrly! hey what's the website for your blog?

    ReplyDelete